Thursday, September 17, 2009

Finally, my second entry... =)

Today's home made dinner:




Gnocchi with Mushroom sauce
Ingredients:


  • "Home made Gnocchi" from

  • Shitaki mushroom

  • Baby arugala

  • Shallots

  • Chicken broth

  • Butter

  • Garlic

  • Some heavy cream

  • Salt & Pepper

  • White truffle oil (for some fancy effect.)

[After I list out the ingredents, I just realized that this dish can be 100% veggitarian if I just subsitute the chicken broth with veggitable broth! Mehal, hope you like Gnocchi! ;) ]


Recipe was taken from here with some modifications.


The result was quite pleasant. Craig ate his 1.5 portion share of food. =)

Pan Fired Halibut Filet.(No Picture, Sorry) The way I cooked the fish was fairly simple. Season with salt and peper, and pan fire both sides until brown bits appear at the bottom of the pan. Then stick the firing pan in 425 degree oven until the fish is throughly cooked. Usually there should be some sort of sauce to go with the fish, but I figured that Gnocchi sauce can make up for it.

No comments: